Teeth whitening is a highly effective, safe and proven way of lightening the natural color of your teeth without damaging any of the tooth surface. The first thing most people notice about you is your smile, so if your teeth are discolored it makes you self-conscious.
We offer a safe and effective teeth whitening service from our Midtown dental clinic.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a process for lightening the color of your teeth.
Dental tooth whitening systems offer a safe and effective method of restoring natural teeth to a lighter color. Natural tooth substance is not removed or altered in any way.
Why Is It Best to Go to a Dentist?
Dental supervised systems offer a full examination prior to treatment. This will determine:
- Nature and extent of discoloration and the appropriate regime
- Any damaged or leaky restorations
- Any filled and teeth with crowns, that will not be affected
- Custom manufactured trays that will fit properly and not cause damage
- Whitening agent only contacts teeth necessary
- Whitening gel are Class 2 Medical device approved
- Supervised by a professional
- Advice on other cosmetic options given
What Causes Teeth to Discolor?
There are many causes of tooth discoloration. Some of the most common include the consumption of highly colored foods (beetroot, candy etc) and drinks (coffee, sodas, red wine). Antibiotics consumed in early years, natural ageing, smoking and trauma can also add to discoloration.